Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Featured upload! Fairies Mod V1.5 [UPDATED 11/04/2018]

by Nyx Posted 10th Jan 2018 at 6:49 PM - Updated 21st Apr 2018 at 12:17 PM by Nyx
383 Comments / replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Update 11/04/2018

Child and Toddler Fairies:
Now fairies can be an all-ages lifestate. To have children/toddler fairies you'll need to do the "Plead the fairies" interaction on the Fairies Tree. Childrens will behave the same way adults do, they will pray and then they'll become fairies. Toddlers will cry instead of praying, and that's what will make them fairies. Now, let's talk about their abilities... Well... Let's just say that they don't have any fairy interaction yet (So they can't change the color of their wings), except for children, who will have the "I can fly" interaction and they'll fly instead of walking.

Wings Through Ages:
Let's start by saying that when a Fairy Toddler grows up, their wings will be gone! Don't worry though, this is easily fixed! Click on your now Child Fairy, go in the "Fairy" menu and select "Sprout new Wings!", this way, the child's wings will return!
Now let's pass on when a fairy child grows up. When the child grows into a teen his wings will disappear again! Don't worry, this too is easily fixed: Just select the "fairy" menu and "change the color of the wings", select a color and before you know it, the wings will appear with the color you've chosen! From the teen to elder, fairies won't lose their wings again.


Minor Changes and Bugs Fix:
- Added a Special Effect to the tree when a sim finishes praying to become a fairy.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the wings to show up when changing lot.
- Lowered the amount of happiness the "Aura of Soothing" gives.
- If I did everything right, now fairies are invulnerable to auras.
- Added Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Polish translations. Remember, when translating, give me the STBL file and I will eventually put it in the mod.

Future Plans:
- Fairy Pranks.
- Wings animations.
- Fairy/Enchanted Energy need, which will completely change the auras and future spells's magic consumption criteria.
- More animation changes.

Fairies Mod V1.5 changes
After a lot of work, sweat and tears, I have finally completed this update, let's see what does it add! :
-Auras-
NOTE: THE AURAS WILL AFFECT THE SIMS SURROUNDING THE FAIRY ONLY
Fairies are now capable of using some magic abilities! First of all, there are Auras:
- They can cast between 5 magic auras, that are Aura of Soothing, of Body and Mind, of Creativity, of Discomfort and of Idiocy.
= Aura of Soothing (+20 Happy)
Will make sims very happy, it will highly increase their fun and social needs, and will receive a boost in social skills.
= Aura of Body and Mind (+10 Focused)
Will make sims learn the logic and fitness skills much faster!
= Aura of Creativity (+10 Inspired)
Musical and Artistic skills will be learnt much faster!
= Aura of Discomfort (+10 Sadness)
The exact opposite of the "Aura of Soothing", it will highly decrease the fun and social needs and learning abilities is a bit harder.
= Aura of Idiocy
Sims won't learn any skill and everytime they interact with someone, they'll be automatically enemies! (Because sims will think they're too stupid to talk too) So If you want your sim to learn an ability or to have GOOD RELATIONSIPS, then don't use this aura (Obviously!).
If you don’t want the sims around you to have auras, there’s an interaction, that is ”dispel near auras” which will remove the aura from the sims near the fairy (and the fairy itself).

-Magic Energy-
Everytime a Fairy casts an aura they'll receive the "Out of Magic Energy" (+6 dazed) buff that lasts 6 hours!
What are the consequences of this buff? Well, you cannot use any magical ability except one interaction that I'm gonna talk about below.
If you don't want to wait for the buff to expire you can do a "Recharging Meditation", an interaction that will appear only if you're out of magic energy! Doing this, your sim will sit on the ground, and focusing on gaining magic energy.
The meditation brings an advantage and a disadvantage:
= Advantage: You'll receive the "Full of magic energy" (+4 Energetic) buff, that will last 2 hours. What is the advantage of this? Well, during the presence of this buff, you are able to cast any aura, without receiving the "Out of magic energy" buff.
= Disadvantage: Once the buff expires, everything goes back to normal and you'll receive the "Out of Magic Energy" buff everytime you cast an aura. What's the disadvantage? If you receive the dazed buff, you won't be able to meditate again BUT you'll have to wait 5 in-game hours in order to do that again.
SO which will you use? Patience or Cheats?

-Colored wings!-
Now Fairies will be able to change their wings's colors! The options available are:
Default, Black, Yellow, White, Red, Pink and Green!

-Bug Fixes and things you can no longer do-
= Fixed the fact that sims wouldn't do the "I can fly!" interaction while sitting.
= Now Fairies can wear glasses.
= You can’t create a fairy with CAS, so to be a fairy you’ll have to use the tree.

General Informations about the mod:
-First of all: Fairies!-
Yes, you can now control a new occult, that is the fairy life state. Fairies have some changes and bonuses:

- They have a pair of wings and pointy ears! (NOTE: You can't wear hats as a fairy. Sorry...)
(ONLY IN V1.0 YOU CAN'T WEAR GLASSES)
- They have 1 new interaction, that is "I Can Fly!" (Interaction [not animation] from the Sims 3 Supernatural) where they'll fly around increasing the fun need.
- Most of the time, they won't walk, but fly! (NOTE: They will walk when feeling bored, unconfortable and energic. They will also walk if they have a custom walkstyle! So make sure to give them the default walkstyle in order to fly!)
- They will perform a special idle animation from time to time.
- Their fun and social will drop slightly faster than normal.
- The Mischief skill now develops MUCH faster! Fairies are really mischievous!
- They will occasionally have two buffs:
= "Feeling Playful" (+3 playful)
= "Where's the fun?!?" (+4 Bored)
- Children, Childish and Insane sims will continuously react when they see a fairy receiving the "Wow! A Fairy!" (+6 happy) Buff for 6 hours (NOTE: After the buff expires they will have it again if they see a fairy again)
- They will have sparkles behind their back! (NOTE: They might dissappear sometimes, but don't worry they will re-appear if you change the lot or go in CAS)
-How to be a Fairy?-

So, to become a fairy, your sim has to receive the fairies's blessing by pleading the fairies from the "Fairies tree" (The trait will add to the others, instead of taking space, THIS IS THE ONLY METHOD)
- Children and below can't be fairies
-What is the "Fairies's tree"-

A legend says that this tree was watered by a fairy queen's tears, and now is protected by fairies, who will curse or bless (your point of view) any sim who will plead to this tree by turning them into fairies as well. Why would the sim plead for a tree? Well some sims say that the tree brings a lot of fortune! Of course, this is all just a legend... Or not...? Who knows!
It can be found in build mode, in the "trees" section.

-What can you do with this tree?-
This tree has 2 interactions on it! :

- They can "Contemplate the tree", this will lead the sim to observe it.... Obviously!
- They can "Plead the fairies" and this will bring the sim to transform into a fairy after praying. BE CAREFUL THOUGH! A fairy cannot return into a human, so choose wisely...

Tranks and Credits:
- Thanks to siminimonster and dystopianam (Their tumblr name) to have supported me during the creation of this mod.
- Thanks also to notegain (Their tumblr name) to have created the beautiful elf ears used to create this mod.
- Tranks to Sofmc9 to have converted me the animation of the "I can fly!" Interaction, for children.
Tags: #Fairy Fairies

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Built with Game Version: 1.37.35.10
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
Fairies Mod V1.5 [NEW UPDATE].rar 4.58 MB 152,439 11th Apr 2018
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
No Extraction Required (Script Mods):
1. Cut and paste the .zip file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Script mods need to be placed directly in \Mods or one level below that (e.g. \Mods\Scripts) – sub-folders nested any deeper won’t work.
Extraction Required (Everything Else):
1. Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
2. Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\


Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
Page 10 of 16
383 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 221 Feedback Posts, 147 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#226 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 7:18 PM
Is there a certain version for Mac? Because I downloaded the newest mod and everything worked out well until I had my person plead to the fairies. She became a fairy but she doesn't look like a fairy, no pointy ears or wings, but yet in my mods folder it says fairy wings and ears package along with the tree package and fairy trait package. I have the tree but nothing else is working, please get back with me soon!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#227 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 8:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepthoughts
Is there a certain version for Mac? Because I downloaded the newest mod and everything worked out well until I had my person plead to the fairies. She became a fairy but she doesn't look like a fairy, no pointy ears or wings, but yet in my mods folder it says fairy wings and ears package along with the tree package and fairy trait package. I have the tree but nothing else is working, please get back with me soon!

The mod doesn't work properly after the newest patch. I'll fix it as soon as possible.
Test Subject
#228 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 8:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx
The mod doesn't work properly after the newest patch. I'll fix it as soon as possible.



Okay thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#229 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 11:07 PM
This looked great, but I ultimately deleted it because the ears are ridiculously large and look weird in-game, poking through all types of hairstyles.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#230 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 5:49 AM
I added this mod for fun yesterday and was planning on making a Fairy later on (not in my current sim save) and my family just moved into a new house and out of nowhere this flamboyant flying man comes into the house and starts cooking Mac and Cheese. Anyways, it made for a pretty interesting dinner.
TL:DR I love your mod, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#231 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 7:49 AM
where is the fairy tree???
Test Subject
#232 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 8:52 AM
Thank you for your quick fix - nice to be able to play my Sim Fairy again, however, I don't think the mod is fully repaired. Although she is a fairy and has the ears and the Fairy interactions her wings do not appear in-game unless I select a wing colour from the Fairy pie menu. However, each time I leave the game or play a different household and then return to the Fairy Sim her wings are gone again and I have to select a wing colour each time to make them re-appear. Is there a way to fix this? Many thanks!
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
24th Feb 2018 at 11:22 AM
This message has been deleted by egwarhammer. Reason: wrong thread
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#233 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 11:22 AM
Could you make the Sims fly either all the time or with non-standard clothes? I love to play sim with clothes downloaded from the internet because they fit better. Your mod with the mermaid goes together, so you can try it here too?
Oh, and could you please translate the modifications into Polish?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#234 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 12:22 PM
So I had to uninstall S3 to get S4 on the family laptop and we (me and my daughter) find the game a little dull, this (and your mermaid mod) are perfect for re-introducing a little bit of magic into the game for us both!
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#235 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 7:45 PM
Do you have to do something special for mac? I can't find the tree even though in my script mods on the game its listed. What should I do?
Lab Assistant
#236 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silsetto
Thank you for your quick fix - nice to be able to play my Sim Fairy again, however, I don't think the mod is fully repaired. Although she is a fairy and has the ears and the Fairy interactions her wings do not appear in-game unless I select a wing colour from the Fairy pie menu. However, each time I leave the game or play a different household and then return to the Fairy Sim her wings are gone again and I have to select a wing colour each time to make them re-appear. Is there a way to fix this? Many thanks!


I'm having the same problem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#237 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:40 AM
Great mod! I love supernatural mods. Grammar tip: the possessive form of "fairies" is "fairies'" without the second "s", this is how it is for common plurals. Sorry for being a grammar nazi, it's a bad habit.
Test Subject
#238 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 9:36 AM
Hello again, after much testing I can confirm that the Mermaid mod is causing an exception and the Fairy wings do not persist - they have to be reassigned each new game by choosing a wing colour from the Fairy pie menu. Just letting you know!
Test Subject
#239 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:45 AM
I got the sims 4 fairies, but the fairy tree wasn't in the tree section of build mode and i cant find it. Is there something im missing?
Test Subject
#240 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 3:08 AM
Im a mac user and this mod along with the mermaid mod don't even show up in my mods in game, even though I have downloaded and put the most recent versions into my Sims 4 mods folder. Any explanation or advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#241 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBlue18
Great mod! I love supernatural mods. Grammar tip: the possessive form of "fairies" is "fairies'" without the second "s", this is how it is for common plurals. Sorry for being a grammar nazi, it's a bad habit.

Yeah I learnt this after I published this mod, I didn't change it's description in a while. Thank you for the grammar tip
Test Subject
#242 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 7:07 PM
Hi, is there any way to make my sims human again? Not being fairy anymore?
Test Subject
#243 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 7:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silsetto
Thank you for your quick fix - nice to be able to play my Sim Fairy again, however, I don't think the mod is fully repaired. Although she is a fairy and has the ears and the Fairy interactions her wings do not appear in-game unless I select a wing colour from the Fairy pie menu. However, each time I leave the game or play a different household and then return to the Fairy Sim her wings are gone again and I have to select a wing colour each time to make them re-appear. Is there a way to fix this? Many thanks!

Same issue here. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!
They also dissappear when my sim goes to sleep, then I have to reassign them.
Test Subject
#244 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 8:59 PM
Not working on my end.

I build the tree, but an exception is thrown when I plead - the mod simply is not functional on my end.
Test Subject
#245 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 10:01 PM
I saw a video about the update for this so I tried it.... I CAN'T FIND THE TREE. How do I fix this. ( P.S I also can't get the mermaid one to work )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#246 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 11:26 PM
This is the COOLEST mod!!! Thank you!!!!
Test Subject
#247 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 8:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coto39
This is for everyone that for one reason or another wants their fairy to return to normal

Even though the OP said that there is no coming back in fact there is: cheats.
Steps:
1) Enable testingcheats: CTRL+SHIFT+C (to activate the game console) and then type
testingcheats true

2) Use the trait remover cheat (copy/paste in the game console):
traits.remove_trait Nyx_NyxFariesTrait_Fairy


Once the trait is removed the sim becomes normal (no special interactions, no wings, no pointy ears, just normal)

If you want to turn the sim again into a fairy without praying to the tree, use:
traits.equip_trait Nyx_NyxFariesTrait_Fairy


I tested both cheats with the old version of the mod (1.0). They should still be working after the update. I'll test it in a few minutes and report back.


This needs to be stickied. If the wings don't come off, or if you hate cheats for some reason, have a sim with a career outfit on. For some reason, the game lets you see hidden items without the use of cc.
Test Subject
#248 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 5:56 AM
Can't find the trait or mod in CAS game
Hi Nyx I downloaded the fairy mod for my sims 4 but it didn't show up in my game when I went to create a sim, is there another mod to be downloaded to enable it to see the mod or activate it? I have City Living , Vampires , Get together packs and I did put the mod in my mods folder. So I'm not sure what it is and I reallly want this mod I love anything fantasy and I thank you for creating such an amazing mod but please help me
Test Subject
#249 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 5:06 PM Last edited by Ahinana : 11th Apr 2018 at 6:58 PM.
Default Polish translation
Hello Nyx, and everyone. I created Polish translation for this mod(changed strings in both trait and tree packages). Hope some Polish Simmers would appreciate (removed because of update)
Page 10 of 16