"Met New Great-Grandchild" memory
* Now uses "great-grandson"/"great-granddaughter" and appropriate pronouns based on the baby's gender. Thanks, DiLight!
* Reuploaded gender-neutral version as greatgrandchildmemory-genderneutral by request.
* Now with Polish localization for the gendered version. Thanks xaosem!
I guess EA never imagined sims would live to see their great-grandchildren (even though they gave us resurrection and vampires and elixir of life!). With this hack, sims will get a custom memory when they have great-grandchildren, similar to the one they get when they have grandchildren. I made this to go along with my extended family hack, which will also allow family interactions between great-grandparents and great-grandchildren, but this actually doesn't require it.
This should be compatible with all game configurations.
This hack consists of a custom memory object and a modification to BHAV 0x100B in group 0x7F1D0F49, which in the original game locates a new baby's grandparents and gives them the "Met New Grandchild" memory. It should only conflict with other hacks that modify this function for whatever reason.
Note about uninstalling the hack
Since this adds a new custom memory, before uninstalling it you should open your neighborhood in and delete all of the "Met New Great-Grandchild" memories from your sims, and then open the game and delete all gossip using the lot debugger.
Thanks to MTS user DiLight for providing a helpful tutorial to get me started, and to various other users who gave me ideas about the text to use for the memory.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|greatgrandchildmemory.zip | Description: Version with gendered pronouns and great-grandson/great-granddaughter, includes Polish localization||5.2 KB||1,514||27th Dec 2018|
|greatgrandchildmemory-genderneutral.zip | Description: Version with they/them pronoun and great-grandchild used for both male and female great-grandchildren||5.0 KB||137||17th Nov 2018|
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Windows Vista/7/8: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
- Windows XP: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files(x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Origin: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Mac: APPLICATIONS FOLDER -> THE SIMS 2 -> TSDATA -> RES -> CATALOG
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR. On Mac, use Stuffit.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
24 Comments / replies (Who?)
Type: Global Mods
For an extended definition of who the game considers "family", including family interactions between great-grandparents and great-grandchildren, see also my extended family hack!